Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
DamianLozano
New Contributor

Add dynamically route to clients

Hello!

I am beginner in Fortigate.

I just created a L2TP/IPSec VPN as http://help.fortinet.com/fos50hlp/52data/Content/FortiOS/fortigate-ipsecvpn-52/L2TP_and_IPsec/Config...

Everything within the cli console.

Where the Fortigate is, there are all clients in the following network: 192.168.1.0/24

I set different addresses for VPN clients: 192.168.11.2-192.168.11.11

I can connect from Windows clients with the native VPN client

The issue is about the option to use the remote default Gateway in the new virtual interface created for the VPN

If I check this option, I can ping to any remote machine but I cannot browse any Internet page, the default Gateway obtenied in the VPN interface is 0.0.0.0

If I unchech this option (Which I prefer, I prefer to use the local Gateway for Internet querys) Internet is working but I cannot reach anything on the 192.168.1.0/24 network, and I have not a route to this network.

How can I configure fortigate to dinamically add a route to the 192.168.1.0/24 on the vpn clients?

Is there any setting missed up?

Thanks in advance.

Regards!

1 REPLY 1
DamianLozano
New Contributor

I solved the issue, changing the IP pool inside of the same remote network, example: 192.168.1.201-192.168.1.210

Buy anyway I would like to know if there are any setting to do in the fortigate, for adding automatically a route in VPN clients to this network

Another thing is that if I set another pool (outside the network), how can I reach the fortigate if this does not have any IP on this network.  Example, I set fortigate to asign 192.168.11.0 addresses to VPN clients but fortigate does not have any IP in 192.168.11.0/24

Any Idea?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors