Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BepsiSan
New Contributor

100E 10GE SFP+ to Unifi USW-PRO-48-POE SFP+

Hello most esteemed professionals, I'm new here and to the Fori world in general. Today I have a particular question for you all that has my mind in a loop and hopefully you can assist?

We have a Fortigate 100E and a Unifi Pro 48 port POE switch. My objective is to link them at 10GE so I did the research and found the Multi mode modules for both:

Forti: FN-TRAN-SFP+SR

Unifi: OM-MM-10G-D

I installed them and they work only issue is that they only connect at 1GE and not 10GE. what should I do to get them to run at the appropriate speeds for my goal and what pointers can you give me?

Looking forward to your knowledge.

1 Solution
srajeswaran

Yes, that is possible.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

As per the datasheet FGT100E don't have 10G ports, the supported interfaces are "Multiple GE RJ45, GE SFP Slots" ref: https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/FortiGate_100E_Series.pdf

We can see FGT100F has 2 10G ports - " Multiple GE RJ45, GE SFP and 10 GE SFP+
slots" Ref: https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/fortigate-100f-series.pdf

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

BepsiSan
New Contributor

image_2023-08-29_144914831.png

Thank you for your reply Suraj. Do see however that the module is supported at 10GE as per the picture above and the spec sheet for the transceivers. 

I have some other questions if you'd be able to assist and guide me in the right direction. What would be a more cost effective replacement to facilitate my goal? the 100F is far beyond my budget layout.

The other question is (Pardon my lack of experience with Forti products) would it be possible for me to combine multiple interfaces to create a nic team to get the desired result of 10ge? 

srajeswaran

The SFP is supported, but it will operate in 1G speed and not in 10G speed as the port onlt supports 1G.

You can consider link aggregation of multiple 1G links to get higher bandwidth (up to 8 links).

Ref: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Link-aggregation-limitation-and-maximum-su...

Regards,

Suraj

BepsiSan

Suraj, thank you!

Can I use this aggregate group to become my "lan" interface and can I run multiple vlan sub-interfaces on it, each vlan with its own dhcp server?

srajeswaran

Yes, that is possible.

Regards,

Suraj

BepsiSan

Thank you I appreciate your patience and help sir. I will attempt to setup a test aggregate and test this out.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors