Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

mlarcher
New Contributor

Just installed FortiOS 5.6 and SSL Inspection will not allow me to edit options

I am trying to tweak SSL inspection, which now lacks an on/off slider under the IP policy, when I open it, and say uncheck imaps  and try to save, I am met with this message:

Log Allowed Traffic needs to be enabled to set Threat Weight option

I cannot find any option that relates to this to make it go away, I have tried all the logging settings.

Also now I can't participate in the security fabric without a fortianalyser?

1 Solution
LawrPing

I was able to fix it by creating a new SSL inspection profile instead of using the defaults. You don't have to roll back to 5.4.4...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rstefano
New Contributor

Same thing here today. Its causing issues with certain websites like google etc. Have you figured that out?

mlarcher

I rolled back to 5.4.4 for now.

LawrPing

I was able to fix it by creating a new SSL inspection profile instead of using the defaults. You don't have to roll back to 5.4.4...